Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce and Verizon Wireless Create 48-hour Live-Stream Music Soundtrack Using Responses to Fan Tweets During the Latin GRAMMY®s
WHAT: Verizon Wireless will lead the 2014 Latin GRAMMY® Awards festivities with the creation of an original 48-hour music soundtrack with contribution by Latin singer-songwriter Prince Royce. Verizon Wireless will monitor and engage with social media conversations during the Latin GRAMMYs and use responses to selected fan tweets in realtime as lyrics for the soundtrack.
"I’m all about connecting with my fans so when Verizon came up with this cool new way to do so, I was all for it. I’m hoping they will enjoy it!”said Prince Royce.
Verizon’s “Turbo Soundtrack” is being produced in homage to the recently-introduced Droid Turbo which has up to 48 hours of battery life. Every eight hours during the song, there will be a 15 minute TURBO REMIX to signify the Turbo’s charging feature of 8 hours of power with a 15 minute charge.
In addition to Prince Royce, seven professional singers will contribute to the soundtrack.
Music fans everywhere are encouraged to use hashtags #LatinGRAMMY or #DroidTurbo for an opportunity to be included in the music soundtrack.
How the Music Soundtrack Works:
· Step One: Fan tweets about the Latin GRAMMYs using #LatinGRAMMY or #DroidTurbo
· Step Two: Verizon monitors the conversation from a recording studio and selects posts
· Step Three: A singer takes the selected tweet and crafts a lyrical response
· Step Four: @VerizonLatino tweets a response to the fan in a song with audio and video
· Step Five: All song responses are added to an ongoing music track – creating an epic song in realtime
· Step Six: Fans visitwww.turbosoundtrack.com to hear the live streaming of the song that includes responses to their posts
WHEN: Wednesday, November 19, 2014
9:00 a.m. CT (7:00 a.m. PT)
“Turbo Soundtrack” LiveStream Begins #LatinGRAMMY
Thursday, November 20, 2014
7:00 p.m. CT (5:00 p.m. PT): Latin GRAMMY Awards Live Broadcast
Friday, November 21, 2014
9:00 a.m. CT (7:00 a.m. PT): LiveStream Ends